Housekeeping Team Leader – Mt Gravatt
- Part Time
Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Mount Gravatt Aged Care Residence, a 146 bed facility located on Brisbane’s Southside, is recruiting for an experienced permanent part-time Housekeeping Team Leader (Cleaning & Laundry Services).
Your typical work hours will be Monday to Friday, 7.00 am to 3.00 pm. You will be a ‘hands-on’ employee who accepts responsibility for the overall activities of our cleaning and laundry team. You are enthusiastic about maintaining the highest standards in environmental services.
The below skills, experience, qualifications and attributes are required:
- Excellent knowledge and skills in cleaning, laundry and infection control
- Supervisory experience, i.e. delegation, team building and mentoring
- Participate in recruitment and selection activities for environmental services team
- Roster management experience and undertaking of thorough staff inductions
- An eye for detail and strong organisational abilities
- Ability to compile and check duty lists
- Work Health and Safety awareness, including safe handling of chemicals and record-keeping
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the aged
- A responsible attitude in relation to resident clothing and personal items
- A focus on quality assurance and continuous improvement in work practices.
Relevant certificate or diploma level qualifications in management, aged care or hospitality will be considered favourably. TriCare has a dedicated and professional training division to maintain currency of skills and knowledge.
Apply now, addressing the above criteria and highlighting your leadership experience and team management. Submit your application to Lisa Patterson, Operations Manager.
Closing Date: Monday, 13 July 2020
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces.
Applicants from recruiters will only be considered after the advertisement has closed.