Catering Team Member – Toowoomba
Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Toowoomba Aged Care Residence, an 81 bed residence located in Mount Lofty, is recruiting for a casual Catering Team Member.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will assist in preparation of our quality, fresh-cook meals and provide excellent service to the residents.
On offer is a variety of am and pm shifts including weekends. The spread of hours is 6.00 am to 8.00 pm and we can consider your current commitments when planning your shifts. You will know your rostered hours a fortnight in advance, but at times, we may call you at short notice to provide leave coverage. Penalties apply according to the Aged Care Award 2010.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Experience working in a bulk catering role in an aged/health care environment
- Competent in food preparation, plating and serving
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager (desirable)
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent and prompt food service/post-meal time cleaning skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Our training division assists you to maintain the currency of your hospitality skills and knowledge.
Don’t delay – Apply now, addressing your application to Gail Ryan, Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Monday, 13 July 2020
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.
To view the position description, visit www.tricare.com.au/careers
Applicants from recruiters will only be considered once the advertisement has closed.