Lifestyle Coordinator – Toowoomba
- Part Time
Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Toowoomba Aged Care Residence, our 81 bed facility located in Mount Lofty, Toowoomba on the Darling Downs, is recruiting for a Permanent Part-time (75 hours per fortnight) Lifestyle Coordinator.
Reporting to the Facility Manager, we are seeking an outgoing person who encourages residents to participate in leisurely pursuits for their health and well-being. Your role (working Monday to Friday) will consist of varied duties, activities and planning.
You will be an ideal candidate if you possess the following:
- Experience in coordinating high quality lifestyle activities (preferably in an aged care/healthcare setting)
- Ability to complete concise notes and accurate documentation
- Ability to equip and maintain activity areas and providing a safe environment
- A Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (or other relevant qualification)
- A Certificate 3 in Individual Support/Aged Care (advantageous)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and support Lifestyle Team Members
- Efficiency in use of tablet technologies/clinical management software
- Intermediate+ skills in the use of common Microsoft applications
- A strong desire to work with the aged.
You will have excellent verbal communication skills, have a positive manner and demonstrate your friendly nature when encouraging residents to participate in activities and events. Skills in crafts, music, gardening or alternative therapies will be considered favourably.
Apply Now, addressing your application to Gail Ryan, Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 10 July 2020
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
TriCare’s aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.
Applicants from recruiters will only be considered after the advertisement has closed.