TriCare Compton Gardens Retirement Community, located at Aspley in Brisbane, is recruiting for a permanent part-time Registered Nurse (with AHPRA registration).
This role ensures the security and peace of mind of our retirement community residents as you co-ordinate, where necessary, emergency response and medical assistance. With your expertise in first aid, you may be called upon to use your skills and knowledge pending medical assistance. Part of your role will be to advise and support the Lifestyle Assistants and After Hours Emergency Response Co-ordinators.
Reporting to the Village Manager, you will work 30.4 hours per fortnight, including every second weekend from 9.30 am to 5.36 pm (the weekends attracting penalty rates according to the Nurses Award 2010).
You will demonstrate attributes such as being highly responsible and ethical and having an empathetic attitude towards the elderly. Your excellent oral and written communication skills will be used to facilitate effective communication with residents, contractors, service providers and other visitors to the retirement community. Current First Aid qualifications are required. In addition, you will need an open driver licence for driving our golf buggy on site.
Your skills, responsibilities and attributes include:-
- Assist residents in accessing services delivered by private doctors, Allied Health and Community Services and Aged Care Assessment Teams.
- Provision of minor personal care, wound management and administering of medication.
- Assisting with meal service.
- Undertaking of basic office administration support tasks.
- Acting with urgency and efficiency when responding to emergency calls at the Village.
- Excellent decision making and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision.
- Being conversant with Commonwealth legislation as it applies to aged / health care.
- Having an awareness of WHS legislation and the ability to foster a safe working environment.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, we are keen to receive your application, including your cover letter and resume. Remuneration is set according to Level 2 of the Nurses Award 2010.
Please follow the prompts and submit your application to Solie Cochrane, Assistant Village Manager, or Post: 97 Albany Creek Road, Aspley Qld 4034.
Enquiries to Solie on (07) 3263 2788.
Closing date: Friday, 2 March 2018
- Solie Cochrane
- Assistant Village Manager
- 97 Albany Creek Road
- Aspley QLD
- P 0732632788