Established for 48 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Compton Gardens Retirement Community, located at Aspley on Brisbane’s Northside, is recruiting for an experienced, full time Grounds Maintenance Operator (Gardener).
Reporting to the Village Manager, your role ensures that residents have the landscaped surrounds maintained for their enjoyment and quality of living. Your tasks will include a proportion of village maintenance and labour jobs.
The following tasks are carried out according to the schedule and as needed:-
- Garden Care – Minor re-landscaping, control and spray of weeds, pruning of shrubs, trimming hedges and removal of green waste
- Common areas/pathways – Keeping pathways and outdoor recreation areas free from weeds and debris
- Maintenance – Assist with basic mechanical repairs and maintenance; and care for assets such as tools, equipment and vehicles.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:-
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role
- A keen interest in gardening and landscaping along with good physical fitness
- Good communication and polite manner
- Open C class driver licence for driving of golf buggy
- Current first aid qualifications.
Possession of certificate qualifications in horticulture and weed spraying, though not essential, are certainly advantageous.
If this sounds like just the role you have been looking for, follow the prompts to submit your details to Solie Cochrane, Assistant Village Manager, your cover letter, detailing your skills and experience in the above areas, along with your resume.
or Post: 97 Albany Creek Road, Aspley Qld 4034
Closing date: Sunday, 22 October 2017
- Solie Cochrane
- Assistant Village Manager
- 97 Albany Creek Road
- Aspley QLD
- P (07) 3263 2788