Established for 48 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Mermaid Beach Aged Care Residence, is seeking a casual Chef, with the ability to cook palatable, quality meals that are served to our residents on time. Our contemporary, 81 bed facility is situated on the Gold Coast highway and boasts a modern, commercial kitchen.
Although casual work is on offer now, there is scope for the role to be offered as a permanent position in the future. Penalty rates are applicable when working on weekends (and relieving in the Chef Manager role), and, as a casual employee, you will reap the benefit of 25% casual loading. You will also be rostered to undertake some weekday work.
You are responsible for:-
• Efficient and timely preparation of meals and beverages
• Tailoring meals to residents’ dietary requirements and care plans
• Ensuring hygiene and cleanliness of kitchen
• Adherence to HACCP and TriCare policies; and
• Compliance to accreditation standards.
To be successful, your experience and attributes will include:-
• Bulk catering/cooking experience
• Supervisory and training skills
• Experience in management of budgets and ordering
• Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
• Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or other relevant qualification)
• Knowledge of Work Health and Safety
• Accurate record keeping
• Enthusiasm for continuous improvement projects.
Possession of a food safety supervisor certificate will be advantageous. TriCare provides ongoing training and career development opportunities.
If you are keen to progress and specialise in your Chef career with a solid company (with 1500+ employees and growing!), apply now!
Follow the prompts to submit your cover letter and resume to Daniel Walker, Chef Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 25 August 2017
Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces.
- Daniel Walker
- Chef Manager
- 2424 Gold Coast Highway
- Mermaid Beach QLD
- P (07) 5554 7300
- F (07) 5554 7400