- No more split shifts
- Claim back your weekends
- Competitive salary and career development opportunities
TriCare’s Upper Mt Gravatt Aged Care Residence, a 60 bed facility located on Brisbane’s Southside, is recruiting for a full time Chef Manager to provide quality, fresh cook meals and efficient dining service for our residents. The Chef Manager also ensures high standards in hygiene in our kitchen and dining rooms.
Our residence is expanding with an extension to the building scheduled for completion in 2018, which will accommodate an additional 20 residents. Our Hospitality team is set to benefit with a refurbished kitchen incorporating the latest catering equipment.
You will report to the Facility Manager. This is a salaried position where you generally work Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm – no more night shifts!
Essential to the role are the following criteria:-
- Ability to direct a kitchen team, set up food service systems, organise training, manage rosters and personnel
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Chef/Cook in the aged care/health sector or bulk catering environment, supported by a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or other relevant qualification)
- Catering for the resident – your regular customer
- Proven understanding of food safety standards
- A warm personality and a flexible attitude to working hours
- Well-developed literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Ability to improve levels of service and compliance
- Knowledge of work health and safety and the safe use of cleaning chemicals/detergents
- Ability to keep accurate records and suggest improvements to work practices.
Skills, experience and qualifications that are considered advantageous are:-
- Experience in preparation of fresh cook meals suitable for aged care residents
- Experience with texture modified foods and understanding of nutritional requirements for the elderly
- Food Safety Supervisor qualification
- Financial budgeting experience.
Apply now to work in an environment that encourages and supports your professional development. Follow the prompts to submit your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Whitlock, Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Thursday, 22 February 2018
N.B. Previous applicants need not reapply.
Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.
- Jennifer Whitlock
- Facility Manager
- 20 Agay Street
- Mount Gravatt Qld
- P (07) 3343 9254