• No more split shifts
• Claim back your weekends
• Competitive salary and ongoing training
TriCare’s Jindalee Aged Care Residence, a 93 bed facility, located on Brisbane’s Southside, is recruiting for a full time Chef Manager to ensure the residents, and occasionally, their guests, enjoy quality, fresh cook meals and efficient dining service, whilst high standards in hygiene are maintained.
In addition, the independent retirees and residents of TriCare’s adjacent James Ommaney Retirement Community order meals from the aged care kitchen (like ordering hotel room service!).
You will report to the Facility Manager. Working for TriCare allows you to claim back your weekends – shifts are generally Monday to Friday. You will be arriving at just the right time as we are closer to commencing the construction of our new commercial kitchen designed to allow our Food Services Team to work with ease and with our new fresh cook menu in mind.
Essential to the role are the following criteria:-
- Ability to direct a kitchen team, set up food service systems, train staff, manage rosters and personnel
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Chef/Cook in an aged care, retirement living or large catering environment, supported by a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or other relevant qualification).
- Catering for the resident – your regular customer
- Proven understanding of food safety standards
- A warm personality and a flexible attitude to working hours
- Well-developed literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Ability to improve levels of service and compliance
- Knowledge of work health and safety and the safe use of cleaning chemicals/detergents
- Ability to keep accurate records and suggest improvements to work practices.
Skills, experience and qualifications that are considered advantageous are:-
- Experience in preparation of fresh cook meals suitable for aged care residents and their varied needs
- Experience with texture modified foods and understanding of nutritional requirements for the elderly
- Food Safety Supervisor qualification
- Financial budgeting experience.
Apply Now. Follow the SEEK prompts to submit your application to Blake Johnston, Project Officer – Food Services.
Closing Date: Friday, 30 June 2017
Please note that the closing date has been extended to ensure a wider pool of applicants.
Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.
- Blake Johnston
- Project Officer - Food Services
- C\- TriCare Head Office, P O Box 439
- Mount Gravatt QLD
- P (07) 3360 9000
- F (07) 3360 9107