Established for 48 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Pimpama Aged Care Residence, accommodating 127 residents and located approximately half-way between the Gold Coast and Brisbane, is seeking an experienced, permanent part time Chef. Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will prepare and cook palatable, fresh-cook meals to be served to our residents. You will also assist in supervising the operations of our refurbished kitchen.
Your 75 hours per fortnight will include weekend work, offering attractive penalty rates. We also offer career development on an ongoing basis, organised by our Brisbane Head Office-based training division and qualified Aged Care Food Services Consultants.
You are responsible for:-
- Efficient and timely preparation of meals and beverages
- Tailoring meals to residents’ dietary requirements and care plans
- Ensuring hygiene and cleanliness of kitchen
- Adherence to HACCP and TriCare policies; and
- Compliance to accreditation standards.
To be successful, your experience and attributes will include:-
- Bulk catering/cooking experience
- Supervisory and training skills
- Experience in management of budgets and ordering
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or other relevant qualification)
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety
- Accurate record keeping
- Enthusiasm for continuous improvement projects.
If you have a hospitality qualification and/or food safety supervisor certification, this will be favourably considered.
If you have the ability to step into a Chef Manager’s role when needed; and you can work weekends, apply now by following the prompts to submit your cover letter and resume to Danice White, Chef Manager.
or Post: C\- TriCare, 6 Anembo Avenue, Pimpama 4209
Closing Date: Friday, 24 November 2017
Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces.
- Danice White
- Chef Manager
- 6 Anembo Avenue
- Pimpama QLD
- P (07) 5549 5800