Established for 48 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Annerley Aged Care Residence is seeking an experienced permanent part time Chef/Cook, with a passion to prepare and present quality meals suited to our residents’ dietary requirements.
With up to 72 residents to prepare meals for, you will be kept busy without having to work late restaurant hours!
On offer are 40 hours per fortnight. On Fridays, you will be assigned to a 6am to 11am shift. On weekends (from 9 am to 5 pm), you will supervise the kitchen operations in the absence of the Chef Manager. Weekend shifts attract penalty rates as applicable under the Aged Care Award 2010.
Your supervision skills will facilitate delivery of a consistently high quality food service to our residents by the catering team.
You are responsible for:-
- Efficient and timely preparation of meals and beverages
- Tailoring meals to residents’ dietary requirements and care plans
- A high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in our kitchen
- Adherence to HACCP and TriCare policies; and
- Compliance to accreditation standards.
To be successful, your experience and attributes will include:-
- Bulk catering/cooking experience
- Supervisory and training skills
- Experience in management of budgets and ordering
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or other relevant qualification)
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety
- Accurate record keeping
- Enthusiasm for continuous improvement projects.
Possession of a food safety supervisor certificate is advantageous. TriCare provides ongoing training and career development. This may be a step towards a Chef Manager role.
If you are keen to progress and specialise in your Chef career with a solid company (with 1500+ employees and growing!), apply now by submitting your cover letter and resume to Jason McMahon, Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 20 October 2017
Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces.
- Jason McMahon
- Facility Manager
- 421 Annerley Road
- Annerley QLD
- P (07) 3435 2700
- F (07) 3391 3653